Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Tuesday, 16 September 2014
DataCore and CommVault Partner to address Software-Defined Storage Momentum and Redefine Data Protection and Recovery
Thunderbird School Of Global Management Meets Key VMware, Metro-Clustering And IT Cost Challenges With DataCore Software-Defined Storage
Monday, 15 September 2014
Ian Heath joins after more than a decade at EMC.
Read more: Here
Friday, 12 September 2014
Network Computing Product Review: DataCore Virtual SAN and SANsymphony-V Software-defined Storage Solutions
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
DataCore Virtual SAN: Any Hypervisor, Any Storage
Number 8: http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/virtualization/300073877/vmworld-2014-35-must-see-storage-offerings.htm/pgno/0/8
Experience the power of the new Virtual SAN capabilities and further educate yourself on the benefits of software-defined storage. DataCore is providing free access to a non-production use Virtual SAN software license. The free SANsymphony-V10 Virtual SAN software is now available for download at: www.datacore.com/Free-Virtual-SAN.
Also, check out the new Virtual SAN design and deployment guide
Saturday, 6 September 2014
VMblog stopped by DataCore's booth at VMworld 2014 to interview Paul Murphy and Ben Treiber to learn more about DataCore Software and get a demo of SANsymphony-V10.
Friday, 5 September 2014
“The storage industry is undergoing major disruption and the time is right for DataCore ANZ to breakthrough and seize the market opportunity,” said Ian Heath, Regional Sales Director (ANZ), DataCore Software. “The reality is that in region an increase in the adoption of software-defined storage strategies proves the tremendous value that DataCore offers by not only integrating customers’ storage architectures, but safeguarding their data for continuous availability, as well as accelerating access to data for the fastest response and highest throughput.”
DataCore ANZ Highlights of 2014 thus far include:
- Robust growth for new system sales. Examples of new DataCore customers include House of Travel based in New Zealand and Dennis Family Homes, a major Australian home builder.
- New senior management with Ian Heath serving as Regional Sales Director ANZ.
- Technical expertise with an expanded team of system engineers and solutions architects serving as on-demand resources for customers and partners alike.
- A new marketing function headed by Orla Hanby, Marketing Manager - APAC, located in Melbourne Australia, that can now drive demand generation programmes and better serve the DataCore ANZ partner ecosystem with qualified prospects who have been exposed to and educated about the benefits of software-defined storage.
- New inside sales and customer care resources to increase sales engagements and better inform and serve our installed customer base.
- More local webinars and local events. For example, DataCore’s Solution Architect David Bull and our local teams are hosting a series of breakfast meetings in Sydney & Melbourne, contact ANZinfo@datacore.com for more info.
- A growing presence in region – with a DataCore ANZ office in Sydney joining an expanded DataCore office in Melbourne.
- A 50% increase in sales growth compared to last year’s first half of the year business.
The ANZ team is also enhanced by a distribution network that includes: Avnet Technology Solutions, Independent Data Solutions (IDS), NewLease and Westcon Group. Moreover the reseller channel extends the DataCore ecosystem throughout ANZ. Resellers include: Addax, Data#3, Data.com, DiGiCOR, Flexnet, Lincom Solutions, Think Solutions, and numerous others.
“DataCore started the software-defined revolution in storage, has thousands of customers worldwide, and now is well positioned with a presence and a high-caliber team in ANZ to amplify our industry impact,” stated Peter Thompson, Vice President - Asia Pacific, DataCore Software. “Customers are realizing through DataCore that it’s not about the storage. Instead, it’s about turning the focus to data by delivering unmatched availability, utilization and performance.”
The ANZ Market Recognizes That Software-Defined Storage Is Transformative
Customers in key industry segments are using DataCore’s software-defined storage services platform to eliminate downtime, to achieve up to a 4x increase in capacity utilization, up to 10x increase in performance, to reduce storage costs by as much as 75%, and to make storage management both easy and simple. Notable DataCore ANZ accounts include:
Education: Murdoch University, St John Ambulance Australia (Vic) Inc, Family Planning Victoria
Healthcare: Bendigo Radiology, Canterbury District Health Board
Government: Kingston City Council, Public Transport Authority of Western Australia, Greater Dandenong City Council, Australian Taxation Office, Statistics New Zealand, and Roads and Maritime Services (NSW)
Industry Leaders: Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Ports of Auckland, Nintendo Australia PTY Ltd., and Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd.